Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Tuesday 29 April 2014

God's Own Junkyard

Behind an industrial estate isn't the first place you'd go hunting for gourmet food, drink and a miniature Blackpool illuminations. However, in Walthamstow such a wonder exists.

God's Own Junkyard
Firstly drink. The Wild Card Brewery can be found at Ravenswood Industrial Estate.


At weekends it opens up its Brewery Tap bar and several street vendors join in the fun providing tasty lunch options to hungry locals.  

I'm still very much a newbie when it comes to Korean food so I went to Busban's BBQ. Not knowing what to pick, as it all sounded so good, and to be honest and I hadn't got a clue as to what most of the ingredients were, I plumped for the Doshi-rak (or lunch box as it's known to you and me.) This meant I got the best of both worlds - two sliders - the bulgogi burger and pork belly slider.




M went for the Kim's Long 'Un which was a meaty pork hot dog, butter fried kimchi, spicy gohujang ketchup and cheesy sauce.


I'm still not sure that either of us are any clearer on what any of those ingredients are!  It was however full of flavour, if a little too oily for my liking. 

Within a stone's throw is 'God's own Junkyard'; an eye watering and brain dizzying display of neon signs and gigantic mirror balls.







Head over to the Ravenswood Estate at the weekends to escape the crowds and sample something a little different. Find the Wild Card Brewery here. Follow them @WildCardBrewery

1 comment:

  1. The camera is a Fujifilm X10. I did a lot of research when I was choosing which one to buy, and this had so many positive reviews. I absolutely love it. You can find it on Amazon for for just over £200

    ReplyDelete