Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday 9 February 2014

Brunch: Le Pain Quotidien

I met my fellow teacher friend Laura for brunch. If you've read this post, you'll know how much I adore Le Pain Quotidien, namely due to the amazing array of spreads and jams which you can liberally help yourself to. Yes, I know it's a chain and although I love really do love more independent places like The Breakfast Club, the queues tend to be enormous and you never feel like you can sit there for ages enjoying your food because you're conscious of waiting customers. I would go to The Breakfast Club when I'm only interested in the food e.g. with M (no offence!), but I probably wouldn't pick it for a girly catch up.

Coffee in the right hand, croissant in the left. Happy days!



What I like about LPQ is it's a bit like McDonald's - you always know what you're going to get. However, unlike McDonald's, LPQ uses incredibly fresh, high quality ingredients.

After careful examination of the menu, Laura picked scrambled eggs with prosciutto while I went for Le Petit Dejeuner. Le Petit Dejeuner is carbs, carbs and more carbs - a croissant and a basket of bread served with a small glass of orange juice and a coffee of your choice, in my case, cappuccino.






My carb feast and, of course, numerous spreads - today I went for Hazelnut praline, blueberry and apricot jam - hit the spot nicely. Whilst Laura enjoyed her breakfast, she said that her scrambled eggs were a little rubbery.



I rarely talk about fashion but I thought I'd add a couple of photos of my most recent buy which I wore to today's lunch. I don't know if I should admit this, but it was only £45 from Internacionale. I've had my eye on this one in Whistles for ages but couldn't justify the hefty £395 price tag.








No comments:

Post a Comment