Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Monday 24 June 2013

Food: pea and mint soup recipe

As promised, here's my recipe for pea and mint soup.

I love soup - it's such a great option for lunch. My best friend Caz and I would eat Covent Garden soup every day for lunch (Caz - carrot and coriander, Me - leek and potato) when we were at uni and only occasionally 'mixed it up' with filled pasta with a fried egg on top. Aw I miss uni days!

Anyhow, back to the soup...I absolutely love this recipe - it's my very favourite. I'm really particular with soups - I have a very clear idea of what I like. For example, I love plain chicken soup, but hate thai spiced chicken soup even though I love Thai curry. In general, spices in soups are a big no no for me - I won't eat spiced butternut squash soup. I also randomly really hate carrot and coriander. But I will eat mushroom soup even though I really dislike mushrooms. It's all very odd.

I particularly like fresh zingy soups, and pea and mint are a match made in heaven. I always make a huge amount of this so I can eat it for lunch on consecutive days.


Serves 2
600 ml vegetable stock (I use bouillon)
400g frozen peas
1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
1 onion, finely chopped
vegetable oil
salt and pepper

1. Sweat the onion in a little vegetable oil in a large saucepan until soft and translucent.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper
3. Simmer for 7 minutes.
4. Blend using a hand blender, blender or food processor.

What's your favourite soup? Are you very particular about what you do and don't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment