Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday 5 January 2014

Greenwich Market

We attempted to go to Greenwich last week, but the terrible weather had other plans for us and we ended up in the National museum and China Town for Dim Sum instead.

Today we finally made it there - it was a cold and blustery day but fortunately for us not raining.




Why has it taken me over 2 years to go? Greenwich is a great place to spend an afternoon.

We obviously had to start at Greenwich market because that's where all the food is. There were lots of place to choose from, but for me it had to be my first burger of 2014. Stupidly, and greedily, I forgot to take a photo before it was well and truly demolished.

The food market sell everything from halloumi wraps to vegan cupcakes.






I stopped dead when I spotted these insane looking cinnamon buns. At £2.50 they were ridiculously well priced and they were the massive. Ours was served warm and I can safely say they were the best cinnamon buns I've ever sampled.







There are plenty of other stalls selling beautiful homemade leather goods, bags and clothes but somehow they never hold as much interest for me as the food stalls.

Feeling rather full, we decided to attempt to work off our lunch by going for a leisurely stroll around the Cutty Sark before ending up at Greenwich park.



Greenwich is great place to visit - I'm just looking forward to visiting on a far sunnier, warm day, although judging by current weather, that sounds like a complete impossibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment