Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Wednesday 27 February 2013

Review - Microplane

Oh my gosh, how much do I love my new microplane!!!!!! I've been umming and arring for ages over whether to buy one. I've always struggled with getting the peel off lemons/limes/oranges. From a whole orange i've regularly only obtained a woeful half tsp of peel. I've seen microplanes being used on cookery shows for quite a while and they seem to be ridiculously effective. The only thing standing in my way is the purchase price, approximately £20. Even Tk maxx couldn't help me out. I usually buy my pots and pans and lots of kitchen ware from Tk maxx because you can get really good brands at seriously reduced prices. But when I visited my local Tk maxx there wasn't a microplane to be found. I spent quite a while researching microplanes on Amazon looking for one which was a good price and had high reviewer ratings and decided upon this one:



It's probably the best £21 (it's the small things that make me happy!) I have ever spent.
Check out the results for yourself:



As you can see the microplane yields huge amounts of peel without any of the bitter tasting pith. One note of caution is that it's very sharp, so watch your fingers! It's also great for grating parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment