Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Sunday 24 November 2013

A weekend full of roasts

I have well and truly dived into wintery roasts this weekend.

Cold, dark days and nights are only good for one thing: snuggling up on the sofa and eating roasts. Lucky me ate 2 roasts this weekend, and even more lucky than that, I didn't have to cook either of them.

The first was at my friend's house. Lucy's boyfriend Sam is a fabulous cook and we were more than a little impressed with his roast lamb and all the trimmings, especially as he cooked the lamb on the BBQ outside in November!

We started with his homemade sweet potato soup.




It was extra thick and delicious and I couldn't resist having a dollop of it with my roast dinner too.


The star of the show was the lamb itself - so tender and juicy.



Today was roast number 2, this time from the Sun in Clapham. Wrapped up inside with our mulled cider and roast beef, Julia and I were 2 very happy bunnies.


I don't think you can ever have too many roasts. I'm already looking forward to my next one.....

What's your favourite roast dinner? Personally, I'm quite a fan of roast pork but only if it includes a yorkshire pudding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment