Blog has moved, searching new blog...

Saturday 28 September 2013

Doughnut cupcakes

I get into school at a time which I think is ridiculously early, around about 7.30am (Sorry Abby, if you're reading this, I know you get in much earlier). Annoyingly my body clock doesn't reset on a Saturday and this morning I found myself wide awake at 6.30am! 

However, one good thing came out of it which was that I managed to make this recipe that I've been dying to try for ages; cupcake doughnuts. By 9am the kitchen was full of delicious doughnut smells! 

I can't recommend this BBC Good Food recipe enough. It's stupidly easy to make and the end result is exactly what you'd expect - a perfect combination of cupcake and doughnut without the huge amounts of calories from fried doughnuts. At around 220 calories per doughnut, these make the perfect Saturday morning treat.

I used raspberry jam, but lemon curd and Nutella work brilliantly well too. 


Makes 12

140g caster sugar, plus 200g for dusting 
200g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
100ml natural yoghurt
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
140g butter, melted
12 tsp seedless raspberry jam

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius

1. Combine the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together the yoghurt and eggs.
3. Fold the melted butter and wet ingredients to the dry with a metal spoon.
4. Lightly grease a 12 hole cupcake tray
5. Add 1 dessert spoon of batter to each cupcake hole and then add a tsp of jam. Finally top with the remaining batter.


6. Bake for 18 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
7. Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes, remove from the tin and roll in the sugar.



What's your favourite Saturday morning baking recipe? 

3 comments:

  1. These look amaaaazing! Seriously easy and seriously tasty. I think even I could manage this one and I can NOT bake haha. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just made these! really impressed :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I absolutely love this recipe and I'm so glad they worked so well for you. It's the perfect Saturday morning baking recipe. Thanks BBC Good Food!

      Delete